Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Untethered Jailbreak for iPod Touch 2nd Gen!
Quickfreedom(Kind of like Quickpwn)
No more coding when you accidently turn off your iPod! Untethered is out
BEFORE you begin, restore your iPod Touch clean to it's factory state.
As with every other tutorial you need the C++ redistributable and LIBusb
(if you've jailbroken before you should already have them)
Download Libusb here
Download Microsoft C++ here
1.First download Unofficial Redsnow 2.0 for windows and extract the folder to your desktop
2. Get the 2.2.1 Firmware Here
3. Rename the 2.2.1 ipsw to OriginalFW.ipsw and place it in /IPSW
4. Run IPSW.bat (It will take a while)
5. Replace the llb.n72ap.RELEASE.img3 in your new JB.ipsw with the one located under /IPSW preferably using 7zip to avoid corruption.
(you can also use winrar, by either changing the file extension to .rar or open it up as a .rar file some other way and deleting the lib.n72ap.RELEASE.img3 and replacing it with the new one)
6. Place your iPod Touch 2G into DFU mode and run RUNME.exe
7. Shift + Restore to JB.ipsw in iTunes and your done!!!